No Comments

Columbia Crest Grand Estates 2007 Cabernet

grand-cab

As a self professed wine snob that really likes a good red wine, I have to step back once in a while, especially in these economic times and remind myself that all expensive wine is not necessarily good.  Nor are the inexpensive wines necessarily bad.  Yes, there are levels of complexity, smoother finishes and so on.  Thus, the reason for the rating system that some rely so heavily on, but we all know special wines should be reserved for special occasions and drinking 90 point wines every night just doesn’t make sense.  Therefore, back to my roots and my never ending quest to find the best value for your dollar wines.  It seems as though the 2007 wines are coming out with a bang and one in particular recently caught my eye…The Columbia Crest Grand Estates 2007 Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. This Washington grown wine received 89 points and was noted in the Savvy Shopper-Spectator Selections Best Value wines.  Blended from 95% Cabernet Sauvignon, with the remaining 5% comprised of Merlot, Cabernet Franc, and Syrah and total alcohol at 13.6%, this vintage is described as supple and surprisingly complex. Notes of cherry, cassis and chocolate along with some spice round out this medium bodied, yet complex wine, all for under $15…yes, that is certainly a best value for your dollar price.  Try it for yourself today and be sure to check out all of Columbia Crest wine offerings at columbiacrest.com.

Comments are closed.